Today, most homeowners realize there are better alternatives to standard closet shelving. Closets Plus can now provide builders with closet systems at pricing comparable to ventilated shelving.
- Unique product manufactured from strong and durable ABS resins.
- Used together with our standard furniture grade melamine and closet rods.
- Provides homebuyers with the look and feel of a traditional custom melamine closet system.
- Ideal for secondary closets and storage areas throughout the house.
If you are currently only offering ventilated shelving to your homebuyers, Closets Plus welcomes the opportunity to show you how you can add value to your homes by offering this cost effective upgrade option.
Serving the Central Pa region, Closets Plus works with many builders, architects and designers on a daily basis.
Contact Closet Plus today to discuss how you can offer a better storage solution to your customers.
Tips For Builders
- 24" minimum from door edges to side walls allows hanging on side walls
- No more than 18" from door edge to side walls, to make corners accessible
- Use French or bi-fold doors, rather than sliding doors, to allow flexibility for drawer pullout.
- 24" minimum from window edges to side walls allows hanging on side walls
- Space under window may be used for shelving, hamper or a window seat.
- Locate outside the closet, or as close to the door as possible
Closet Depths / Overall Sizes
- Minimum 5' closet depth allows inwards door swing and hanging on back wall
- Minimum 11' width allows a center island
- Up to 1/3 of the space is devoted to shelving so allow space for shelves as well as hanging
- Ideal depth is 24"-27"
- Greater depths = wasted space, cannot be utilized
- 10' 6" ceiling offer some "triple hang options"
- Angled ceilings less than 7" = no double hang
- Walls less than 5' 6" = no long hang
- Walls less than 42" = no hanging, poor shelf access
Wardrobe Space Requirements:
- Double hang height requirement 84" (Standard installation height for closet systems)
- Women's formal/floor length hang height requirement: 78"
- Women's long hang height requirement: 68"
- Women's medium hang (skirts/slacks); Men's slack hang height requirement: 54"
- 9" W per pair men
- 7" W per pair women's shoes
- (28" wide section holds about 40 pairs of shoes or 30 pairs of men's shoes, using 10 shelves up to 84" high)
Remember, Closet Companies are storage solutions experts. We can help you create the optimal closet "shells" and then work with your client to meet their needs.